We’ve already seen a lot of pink come by this last month because of Breast Cancer Awareness month. So here is something pink for a good cause from me too on the very last day of October.
Marye at Apron Strings & Simmering Things is organizing a Boobie Bake Off for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Did you know that breastfeeding reduces your chances of breast cancer? Apparently, the longer you breastfeed, the lower your chances of breast cancer. So besides giving your baby the best food in the world, it’s also beneficial to the mum! So for all you aspiring mums, mums-to-be and breastfeeding mums: Breastfeed and/or keep doing it!
I stayed in line with Marye’s pink panther graphic by making this piggy cookie. The basis is a vanilla flavoured cookie (make your own favorite, I used this one but halved the amount of baking powder). The piggy face is made out of marzipan (you could use rolled fondant instead)
To make the piggy cookie:
– roll out some pink coloured marzipan and cut out a circle that will fit onto the cookie
– for the ears: cut out 2 small triangles and make flatten them a bit with your fingers. Place them underneath the marzipan circle and press between 2 fingers to make them stick to the circle.
– for the snout: take a piece of marzipan and press into a snout form. Prick the snout with a toothpick to make 2 nostrils. Press the nose onto the circle.
– for the eyes: roll two small balls of uncoloured marzipan. Press them above the nose. Make two even smaller balls out of dark brown of black marzipan and press them on the uncoloured balls (or alternatively use melted dark chocolate and use a toothpick to make dots)
– melt some chocolate to the marzipan piggy to the cookie
Et voilÃ : a piggy face cookie 🙂